Sunday 3 June 2012

ipad Shuffle: Your Future in June.



Shamelessly stolen from Maria from Just Eat Your Cupcake. Take it away...

Rules: Easy peasy. Just put your ipad on shuffle and answer the questions in this order when the songs come up. I dare you to just do one or two if you don't want to jump in for the whole thing.

Thanks. All clear? Here we go!

1) What will your love life be like during the first part of June?
I by The Velvets. Well that’s depressingly pathetic and lonely, but more than likely true.

2) What will your love life by like during the last part of June?
Creatures of Love by The Talking Heads. That’s better. At least it’s more than just ‘I’.

3) Family life in June.
Jaguar by The Who. The boys can move like jaguars, and can fight like them too, when they take a notion to it.

4) Other family life....family that doesn't live with you.
Liddy Buck by John Stewart (no link... sorry!). I don’t know a Liddy or a Buck, but we aren’t a close family, so who knows?


5) Eating habits in June.
Spiralling Shape by They Might be Giants. Like pasta? Sounds like pasta. I don’t eat much pasta, but it’s cheap and filling and easy to make (the packaged stuff anyway). Ate it all the time in university. I hope I’m not so poor that I have to eat it all the time again this month.


6) Workplace in June.
Emelina by Nathan. Hmm. I don’t know anyone named Emelina. According to the song she ‘burned the whole damn kitchen to the ground’. While I’m somewhat ambivalent to my work, I don’t want no one burning it down either.


7) Getting along with friends in June.
Truthfully by Lisa Loeb. Oh Lisa, I always hoped we could be more than friends. Can we please be more than friends? What’s that? Oh. No no, that’s okay, I understand. Really I do. *sigh*.

8) What your co-workers will think of you this month.
Begin by The Wailin’ Jennys. Begin what? Begin taking my work seriously? Grow up? Never!


9) What you think of your co-workers this month
Being for The Benefit of Mr. Kite by The Beatles. Well, sometimes I do work in what seems like a circus…


10) What your sex life will be like in June.
Sister Don’t Cry by Collective Soul. Well this has gotten bloody awkward…


11) What your arguments with spouse will be like in June.
Pineapple Heart by Bela Fleck. My ex-spouse and I don’t argue. I’ve long given up trying to make her see reason.

12) What strangers think of you when they walk by you in June.
Hazy Shade of Criminal by Public Enemy. I do have a past. But criminal is something that people do NOT think of when they see me.

13) Weekends in June.
Travellin’ Band by CCR. I’m not in a band, and I have no travel plans. We are planning a pub crawl for the opening weekend of Euro 2012, but that’s about it.

14) Name five important people in your life. This song describes your June with them.

Nick:
Never Let You Go by The Five Discs. No I won’t, at least not until you grow into manhood.


Gerry: Pay the Man by David Lindley. I love you son, but it would be nice when you get older to pick up a check once in a while.


Heather (my sister): Wild is the Wind by David Bowie. All respect to my sister, I love her very much, but wild she is not.


Uncle Fred: Ritual by The Pursuit of Happiness (sorry, no link again!). If we can perform a ritual so Newcastle United can win the league title, then let’s do it! Here is an alternate song from TPOH, which probably contains one of the best lines in song ever: 'Kiss me like you'll never see me again, my angel'.


Karly (my 12 year old next door neighbour): I’m Only Happy When it Rains by Garbage. Kiddo, you’re happy ALL THE TIME. I’ve never met such an effervescent kid. And you are a good soccer player. You just need a little confidence.


That was genuinely fun. Gotta do that again sometime. Good night all.




- PW




No comments:

Post a Comment